Spring is in the air, which means the curling season is coming to an end. Join your fellow PRCL members for a celebration at the curling club on Sunday, April 7. Here’s what’s happening:
Round Three Playoffs (12:00 pm and 2:15 pm)
Check the PRCL draw schedule on April 3 to find out if your team finished in the Top 3 of your group (see ranking details below):
- 12:00 pm – Group Semifinals (Team 2 vs. Team 3)
- 2:15 pm – Group Finals (Team 1 vs. Semifinal winner)
The regular bell-rule time limit applies. If the game is tied at the end of the scheduled time, each team’s skip throws a draw to the button (sweeping is allowed). The team closest to the button is declared the winner.
PRCL Open House (12:00 pm to 3:00 pm)
If you know someone who wants to try curling and might be interested in joining the league, please invite them to Gay Day at the Curling Club. We will be using the two extra ice sheets to give new curlers the chance to try out the sport. If your team is not curling, consider being an on-ice coach to help the new curlers.
Windup BBQ and AGM (4:00 pm to 6:00 pm)Celebrate the close of the 2018-2019 PRCL season.
Celebrate the close of the 2018-2019 PRCL season.
- BBQ Dinner Buffet for members (choose from: pulled pork, BBQ chicken, grilled salmon, portobello mushroom with coleslaw, potato salad, corn on the cob)
- Awards presentations for League winner, Group Playoff winners and PRCL Cluster champions
- Annual General Meeting
- TV screens will broadcast the final of the Men’s World Curling Championship
Round Three Results RankingFollowing the scheduled curling games on March 31 and April 1, all teams are ranked within their respective groups based on their win-loss record in Round Three (i.e. last seven games). There will be no movement of teams between group levels. For teams with equal win-loss records, the following criteria will be used (in order) to break the tie:
- Team that won the head-to-head match in Round Three ranks higher
- Team who played in a higher level group in Round Two ranks higher
- Team with the higher accumulated point total from full season ranks higher
- Random coin-flip by the drawmaster in the presence of a witness
It’s a close race for the 2019 #prcluster crown. Check out the Cluster Lustre Leader Board and plan your Spring cluster activities. Remember to use #prcluster in your social media posts to add lustre to your point total.